The Japan Times Membership Services
Signing up for The Japan Times Member Services is the first step toward enjoy everything that we have to offer.
It’s absolutely free to register; all we require is your name and email address.
JT members can do the following:
- Receive daily email updates, linking to the day's top stories
- The ability to read up to 10 stories a month (excluding Kyodo News archive stories)
- The option to upgrade to Digital or Digital Lite plans
- The ability to subscribe online to The Japan Times / The New York Times and apply for full digital access to JT's website as well as nytimes.com
Please read our FAQ for more information.
The Email Updates are email newsletters sent from The Japan Times. To sign up for Email Updates, you need to register for The Japan Times Membership Services.
Daily News Updates (once a day)
The top news, opinion, features and sports stories of the day.
Special Offers (occasional)
Information on events, services, products and questionnaires organized by affiliate companies of The Japan Times.
* These newsletters will be sent from The Japan Times; your email address will never be shared with third parties.